Sweet, Sweet Chocolate Lurve

17 Jan

My gramma always said, “The blacker the berry, the sweeter the juice,” or maybe it was Samuel L. Jackson who said that. Who knows. But damn… that guy is… gray. I was watching this movie once and this racist dude said, “You know what you get if you a black daddy and a white mommy have a baby together? A gray baby! Who wants a gray baby?” Damn, that shit was wrong, but I couldn’t stop laughing and my dad smacked me in the back of the head with a newspaper and called me a racist brat. I can’t even remember what movie it was.

The female model sure is pretty, though. She looks so peaceful in her pretend-sleep that I feel sick just thinking of how she’d react when SHE SEES WHAT IS CUDDLING WITH HER! Poor girl. I know he’s supposed to be a ghost (or whatever), but does he really have to be that unattractive shade of gray? Dude looks like a ghoul. Why do you think he’s invisible? He’s either a) dead, b) she was a bad wife and took advantage of him and neglected him until one day, he just faded into the background, c) it was a horrible lab experiment… and he died. Is he invisible-invisible or like… metaphorically invisible? Hmm… I’m curious enough to find out for you guys.

All hail Amber for the awesome covers she sends us!

The Maze Runner (Maze Runner, Book One)
James Dashner The Maze Runner (Maze Runner, Book One) 1296 days in the top 100 The Maze Runner (Maze Runner, Book One)(4371) Download: $5.99

12 Responses to “Sweet, Sweet Chocolate Lurve”

1. Sana-chan January 17, 2007 at 12:47 pm #

The sad thing is, if he weren’t gray, he’d be damn good looking, (he’s not all that bad gray even) and it would be a very pretty cover.

2. shuzluva January 17, 2007 at 12:50 pm #

Oh, my. I quickly read the author’s name and thought it said Shiela M. Gross. That would have been appropriate for ghoulish love.

3. bam January 17, 2007 at 12:58 pm #

The sad thing is, if he weren’t gray, he’d be damn good looking

Oh Sana-chan, he is a fine-looking man. Very nice indeed. WHY DID HE HAVE TO BE GRAY! They’re a very hot couple, nonetheless. I’m sorry, but they almost look like they could pose for a Tide commercial!

4. Lyn January 17, 2007 at 3:58 pm #

If only they’d made him a little bit see through and they would have nailed it.

5. Wylie January 17, 2007 at 5:26 pm #

I agree, Lyn, because right now, he’s the same color as the wall behind him!
    And the woman needs just a hint of a smile on her face — like she senses him and feels all warm and protected.

6. Jane January 17, 2007 at 5:33 pm #

Oh, and see I thought this was an interracial romance.

7. bam January 17, 2007 at 5:36 pm #

Oh, and see I thought this was an interracial romance.

Goddamn it, Jane.. you made me spray diet coke on my laptop screen. No, that’s not an exaggeration. You really, really did.

I was hoping this was an albino romance, actually. There aren’t a lot of those. That’s a sub-genre that should be explored, don’t you think? Who’s with me?!?!

8. Darragha January 17, 2007 at 8:28 pm #

He’s the real Mr. Cellophane of “Chicago” fame

9. Jaimi January 18, 2007 at 7:44 am #

“I’m sorry, but they almost look like they could pose for a Tide commercial!”

Tide with bleach you mean, cuz they sucked all of the beautiful color outta that man!

10. judith loue January 18, 2007 at 9:27 am #

hey and hey—-

the best Western Novel ever??? LONESOME DOVE by Larry McMurtry. this book has it all romance adventure…..crazy murderous Indians and Clueless WhiteMen have you really missed this book????

11. bam January 18, 2007 at 9:23 pm #

judith, people keep telling me about lonesome dove but i haven’t had a a chance to check it out, now.

I’ll put it on my TBR.

Trackbacks and Pingbacks

1. Dear Author.Com | Ford’s response to the racist Chevrolet ads - January 23, 2007

[...] This is not at all book related but I will work hard to make it so. While football is my favorite sport, the one thing I’ll be grateful for at the end of the football season is the constant montage of white people in the Chevrolet “Our Country” ads. Apparently, in the midwest, “Our Country” does not include anyone who is not white and does not wear an apron. So Ford, in their inestimable wisdom, is attempting to capture the crowd that is offended by these ads. You know, people whose skin color is different than Henry VIII’s. And no, I am not talking about the white guy featured on this cover (pay attention this cover, though, it’s relevant later on). [...]