I’m a Jerk…

5 Aug

To the four or five of you who have been enjoying the adventures of Daisy and Christian, I must apologize in advance *ducks* that I will not be able to give you Chapter Seven this week. *double-ducks*

Please understand that there is a very, very good reason. REALLY, REALLY GOOD. Shuzluva, commence screaming.

The Infinite Sea: The Second Book of the 5th Wave
Rick Yancey The Infinite Sea: The Second Book of the 5th Wave(27) Release Date: September 16, 2014 Buy new: $18.99 $11.16 47 used & new from $10.88

28 Responses to “I’m a Jerk…”

1. catie August 6, 2008 at 1:15 am #

Oh come on, there have to be more than four or five of us. I should know–I’m a “lurker”!!! (A *TERRIBLY* disappointed one at that…but I suppose I’ll survive. *Heavy sigh*) :)

2. shuzluva August 6, 2008 at 6:13 am #

*SCREAMING*

Okay, now that I’ve just spoken to you…I’m still screaming.

Take a deep breath and go, go, go!

3. MaryKate August 6, 2008 at 8:03 am #

WHHHHHAT?

No, seriously, I hope you’re OK. I’m disappointed, but sometimes real life does get in the way.

Of course this means you’ll be giving us TWO new chapters next week, yes??

4. Dee Tenorio August 6, 2008 at 8:17 am #

Whine.

I’m terribly disappointed, but this has been the summer of delays against my will. :) Hope all is okay.

Dee

5. Samantha August 6, 2008 at 8:28 am #

I’m throwing my shoes at you when you least expect it. jk ;P

6. Zoe Winters August 6, 2008 at 9:01 am #

It’s okay, we’ll be waiting for ya when you get back.

7. Kim August 6, 2008 at 9:34 am #

I agree with Mary Kate…we get 2 chapters next week…right???

8. Karen August 6, 2008 at 9:43 am #

Hoping that everything is ok, or will be soon.

Now about those two chapters next week, hmmmm?

9. RStewie August 6, 2008 at 9:56 am #

I’m disappointed…but apparently have been so busy at my stupid JOB that I read last week’s as THIS week’s. Damn work, always getting in the way.

10. Eilonwy August 6, 2008 at 10:59 am #

Definitely more than 4 or 5 of us, and definitely disappointed. But it sounds like the reason might be a good one, so we’ll forgive you. This time. If there are two chapters next week. :)

11. LeeAnn August 6, 2008 at 12:10 pm #

I’m a lurker as well but I come every week looking for the next installment! Sometimes I come more than once hoping that you’ve posted it early ;o)

I do hope everything is ok but I agree with everyone else about two chapters next week :o )

12. bam August 6, 2008 at 12:38 pm #

Everything is very very very ok, guys. I just have TWO MAJOR UBER-LARGE PROJECTS to finish.

I appreciate the support. You guys are the best commenters ever. I will try very, very hard to post 2 chapters next week.

love you guys!!

P.S. wish me luck.

13. Rebecca August 6, 2008 at 1:04 pm #

I’m a lurker too! Anyone know where to find free ebook novellas to tide us over?

14. JaimeK August 6, 2008 at 2:41 pm #

Pooop!!! Well, I seriously look forward to the next chapter or two when you can….I wish this were a book on the store shelf and I could just go buy it!

Peace…

good luck..

15. Malin August 6, 2008 at 7:25 pm #

Umm… *SHRIIIEEEEK*?

Don’t worry. Life happens!

I think it was about time I reread Ember (lovelovelove Bettie Sharpe). Or maybe I’ll check out the other free reads: http://bjthornton.com/ (I really liked Subtext and Saying Yes.)

Just try not to make this a habit, please. *g*

16. Collette August 6, 2008 at 9:24 pm #

Four or five???? Girl, are you on crack? Is that why we don’t get our chapter? Crack went to your head? (I’m shaking my head at you.)

Okay, calm now. Totally understand about the whole life/projects getting in the way (don’t you hate it when that happens?). Take care of yourself, don’t stress, and we’ll be here next week. All FOUR OR FIVE OF US. Sheesh. Oh, maybe you meant 45! That’s still low but I wouldn’t yell at you for that one! ;-)

17. ciara August 6, 2008 at 9:51 pm #

WHYYYYYYY??????? OH NOOOOOOOO!!!!!

18. bettie August 6, 2008 at 11:19 pm #

Dear Bam,

You suck. How dare you deprive us of our weekly fix?

hearts,

bettie

Srsly, you rock. Take it easy, we’ll be here when you get back.

19. Lorelie August 7, 2008 at 4:32 am #

*pouts*

*then realizes she ought to get back to editing anyway*

20. Rebecca August 7, 2008 at 5:40 am #

Thanks Collette!

21. Rebecca August 7, 2008 at 5:56 am #

Oops, I meant Malin. Thanks Malin!!!

22. HelenKay Dimon August 7, 2008 at 9:54 am #

I hope these big projects amount to good news. We’ll wait…impatiently.

23. catie August 7, 2008 at 1:57 pm #

Okay, I counted nineteen individuals (not including yourself and Rebecca’s two subsequent answers) so :P . :D See how many adoring fans you have?

24. LeaF August 7, 2008 at 2:15 pm #

:( But hey, life is life, what’s a girl to do.

Good luck with your “TWO MAJOR UBER-LARGE PROJECTS”.

I’m with Mary Kate though, 2 chapters would be a bonus for next week!!!

Regards
    LeaF

PS:
    There are definitely more than 4 or 5 us “Daisy & Christian” addicts out here is cyberspace!!!!

25. bam August 7, 2008 at 3:23 pm #

awww… you guys are the sweetness. nothin’ but luvz for ya!

and yes, i will try very very very hard to produce to chapters next week to make up for this week!

26. Christine August 8, 2008 at 8:57 am #

Eeeep! We’ll survive. Barely, but we will. ;)

Good luck with your projects.

27. Tumperkin August 8, 2008 at 11:54 am #

Well since you’re counting, I’m waiting too.

28. StacieH4 August 12, 2008 at 5:37 am #

Add me to the patiently waiting lurker list too. I’m looking forward to the next installment whenever it comes. Since I’m new here, I went back and read an older story, Ember, and loved it. That helps tide me over.